Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » A weapon moving Question
A weapon moving Question [message #60708] Mon, 13 December 2010 18:11 Go to next message
TharosHimself is currently offline  TharosHimself
I'm curious if there is a way to control where your weapon is while it is Sheathed. For Example, I want to have my staff floating slightly behind and to the side of my hero. Anyone know of a way?
Re: A weapon moving Question [message #60709 is a reply to message #60708] Mon, 13 December 2010 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
Its probably possible But you'd need a editing software such as 3ds max / blender

[Correct me if i'm wrong]

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: A weapon moving Question [message #60710 is a reply to message #60708] Mon, 13 December 2010 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Indeed, requires mesh editing.

The game attaches the weapon's HDMY_WEAPON_FOCUS_01 to the HDMY_WEAPON_SCABBARD_01 helper of the Hero mesh or any shirt mesh that the Hero is wearing.

The proper way to do this would be to create a dummy mesh and assign it to the horns. This dummy mesh will have a different HDMY helper placed where ever you want the weapon to be kept when sheathed. The HDMY has to be one used somewhere else, something that's already in the names.bin. HDMY_DRAGON_MOUTH_DUMMY will work.

From there, the really really proper way to go would be to create a new CARRY_SLOT based off of the CARRY_SLOT_PRIMARY_SHEATHE, and change the DummyPosName to that of HDMY_DRAGON_MOUTH_DUMMY, then change each weapon's CCarryableDef to use the new CARRY_SLOT. But the easier way to go would be to just edit CARRY_SLOT_PRIMARY_SHEATHE. But for weapon-specific editing, which is what you may have to do here, you'll probably have to go with creating a new CARRY_SLOT for the staff's CCarryableDef.

Also, moved from requests. Don't know why everyone thinks everything is a request.
Re: A weapon moving Question [message #60711 is a reply to message #60710] Mon, 13 December 2010 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked ... Confused ...That made little sense to me, Sorry I'm kinda new to the whole modding thing. Could you explain it a little more in detail, or possibly link tutorials for something similar to what I'm trying to do. Or if not any trouble, Could you possibly just make the fmp package for my specific weapon?

Thanks for the help anyways though, I'll look around a little more and see if I can find some of that stuff
Re: A weapon moving Question [message #60712 is a reply to message #60711] Mon, 13 December 2010 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
If you want someone to make something like this for you, you'll have to come up with a detailed drawing that someone can use as reference, and then you have to wait and wait and wait and wait until maybe some day when someone might possibly decide to do it, maybe. Or you might end up waiting forever.

If you want to do it yourself, you'll either need a 3D modeling package that supports hierarchy and bones and helpers or you'll need to be really, really awesome with the DirectX schema format. Somewhere in between is fine too. You'll also need a little familiarity with FableExplorer and you'll need to be able to follow instructions.

So, either put up an image and see if it grows into a mod or become awesome and make it yourself. Let us know what you plan to do.
Re: A weapon moving Question [message #60713 is a reply to message #60712] Mon, 13 December 2010 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take the Awesome route I suppose.
So for the 3D model, Blender should work for this right?
And all those things you mentioned I'm supposing are editable in FE so I'll have to find 'em.
Thanks for the help ^^
Re: A weapon moving Question [message #60714 is a reply to message #60713] Tue, 14 December 2010 05:46 Go to previous message

Retired
TharosHimself wrote on Tue, 14 December 2010 00:38

Blender should work for this right?

Depends, are you really, really awesome with the DirectX format?

JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 14 December 2010 00:16

you'll either need a 3D modeling package that supports hierarchy and bones and helpers or you'll need to be really, really awesome with the DirectX schema format.

Blender doesn't support import or export of anything that you'll be doing here. The objective is to edit a helper, and helpers are stripped upon import in Blender. Same with bones and hierarchy. That means a more effective tool would be notepad and you'd be moving the helper by hand, but you have to be extremely awesome for that, I'm not that awesome, I don't think anyone is.

3DS Max with mofo import plugin and Pandasoft export plugin is what works best for Fable. Thing is, it's very expensive, like more than you're weekly allowance expensive. I think they still do free trials though.
Previous Topic: Fable TNW Q&A
Next Topic: Fresco Dome Rebuilt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 14:33:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01241 seconds